Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 0 & 1- With Arthur Carmazzi

It’s the first time to write a blog,…………… and what a wonderful reason to do so.

Today i start my journey to change myself to become a better individual in my personal & professional life. It’s a privilege to start this journey with one of the finest leadership Gurus on our planet Mr Arthur Carmazzi (Founder – Directive Communication Psychology) 

Before I start this journey I would express my sincere gratitude towards my family, my friends & all my mentors and Managers who groomed me to reach at this level of learning. 

I am currently getting the DC Train the Trainer program, which is first time happening in India.

Day 1: Live with Arthur,
His Big and honest smile made a difference; in a moment I had decided that here is someone who  is genuine & wants to share knowledge.
By the end of the day my perception turned right, he just did not give us knowledge but also taught us the application of that knowledge.
Learning 1: How a child suffering from Dyslexia termed as special child, actual term “a stupid child” makes it big in the corporate world. That is Arthur himself.
This training is based on proven scientific method, yeah but you have fun with the character in the training, monkey & the lizard.
He explained us how we behave like monkeys & lizards (Hero & Villain) in our daily life.
The design of “World of Work” is amazing; all the five islands are so real.
·         Meeting Lands :  where teams meet, discuss and generate great results , however the same island has a cliff of death, which may just kill the productivity of every team member.
·         Land of Solitude: Where you are alone and are so productive that you manage to complete your task in no time, you are creative and resolve issues in no time. However the same place you are lost some time, you and I don’t know what you do. We pretend to work)
·         Team land: Where employees along with you are so motivated that all of them co-operate & help, assist each other to fulfill goals & targets , however the same place we bitch about team members , we blame them , we hold them responsible for things going wrong.
·         Continent of Communication: Where all the employees are updates about the company information and day to day activities, however in the same place employee are confused and misinterpret the communication and all goes for toss.
·         Fulfillmentopia: The ultimate sense of achievement & the same place the reasons for failures….,…..
TO CONNECT THESE ISLANDS WE HAVE THE UNCHANTED WATER, UNTOUCHED & CLEAR……. ITS ABOUT USING IT TO HELP US NAVIGATE THROUGH THESE WONDERFUL ISLAND IN OUR “WORLD OF WORK”
Learning 2: why we blame each other for things that are not accomplished……. That because of RAS…………………………
So I have decided to create a No Blame Zone around me………. Unknowingly whoever blames whomever I will alert myself and say “ARE YOU BLAMING,  J
Learning 3 : All have problems , Bigger the problem bigger Hero you become if you accomplish….. Wonderful examples like, M.Gandhi , D.Ambani , R.TATA, B.Obama, and so many.
Learning 4: Focus on the objective, not on the process.
Learning 5: Time Management through RAS
Learning 6: The Maze Rule.
Learning 7 : Rule of Engagement, something I have immediately started applying and is giving me results  

With Gratitude
DC- Yogesh - India

No comments:

Post a Comment